Friday, August 7, 2009

Where's the Lido Deck? I mean...

Humor Blogs
As we entered the ship for our first-ever cruise last year, we were bombarded with the newness and information. There was already activity going on on the Lido Deck, said the announcer. With the ship so huge, I could hardly determine the bow from the strern. So, as we stepped aboard, to the first uniformed greeter I saw, I asked with my new vocabulary, "So, where's the libido deck?" My husband figured since it was such a huge ship, he'd probably never have to see that woman again face to face. The very funny thing, is that later on the cruise, we actually did find "the libido deck."

Reseraching cruises before we left, I found there were designated places for adults-only, where you could relax away from the yells and screams of kiddos. So one day, we came across a sign reading, "Adults Only. You must be 21 years old to go beyond this point." It wasn't so much that there were tons of screaming kids bothering us, as that I was merely curious. So we hiked up the narrow, dark stairway to the small, but crowded deck. I spotted two free lounge chairs at the far end, so trekked over to them. I grabbed one and started to sit in it when my husband took me by the arm and pulled me to the railing. As he'd never done anything quite forcefully like that before, I took note of him. I found he was having trouble breathing. "What's wrong? Are you ill? I asked him. He shook his head and simply said, "Let's go." I was very confused until I turned around to get my bad, and for the first time, noticed the nude bathers. At that point, since my legs weren't working very well, my husband rather dragged me towards the stairwell. Did I supidly stare? Yes. Why? 1) I was surprised by my initial in-observance, and by what I was now so obviously observing. 2) Because I wondered how come just the women on the deck were naked. And 3) We'd discovered there was a libido deck on board after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment