Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Burglars

Humor Blogs

We had a tornado come through our neighborhood last week. We still have no Internet. Monday night, I went to my husband's office to use the business Internet while he was at a meeting. We returned home at 9:30 p.m. to find the front door closed, but unlocked.

Since the tornado, our mental states have been random and shaky at best. My husband was unsure if there was actually someone in the house, or if we'd left it unlocked. (He usually checks things like that before we leave.)

So I cried out, "Hi, we're home!" Stupid thing to do if there was truly a burglar in the house! Because there was no running or crashing escape, we advanced further in. "Is anything missing?" I yelled to my husband, who started checking the far end of the house. I heard a door open and shut in the hallway. He shouted back, "Oh, no! All our bedroom furniture is gone!"

(Because we're missing part of our bedroom walls, we'd moved all the furniture from there into the living room a few days earlier in preparation for reconstruction work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment