Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Frozen Car Doors

Humor Blogs

A couple of Michigan winters ago, I went to a ballet recital downtown in the freezing rain. When I got back to my car a couple hours later, my car was beautifully frozen over. I chipped the ice off the lock and got it unlocked, but couldn't open the door. I ended up unlocking and crawling in through the hatchback and over the stick shift and finally home to a garage where I reversed the process in order to get out.

My Ontario friend outdid me this year. She got into her car just fine and drove home, but after she pulled into her garage, she couldn't get out. Yep. That old freezing rain bit again. She called on her cell phone for her roommate to unlock the back and crawled over her stick shift and out the back.

Are there flexibility-safety classes teaching the proper way to exit a frozen car? And I wonder: is there freezing rain down in Arizona?

No comments:

Post a Comment