Friday, April 22, 2011

Personal Story Funny

Humor Blogs

My mother had a heart attack. (That, actually, was not very funny.) As soon as I was contacted by phone, I threw clothing enough for four days into a bag and within ten minutes, was on the road. I made the four hour drive in a little over three hours. I arrived at 11:00 p.m., and was informed by an in-law that I couldn’t see my mother. Rebel that I was, I replied, HA!

I jumped back into the car and drove to the hospital. When I went into her ER room, she seemed to be sleeping. I didn’t say anything, but just stood over her. Suddenly her eyes popped open, and she cried out in surprise. That set off all sorts of alarms and whistles on her machines. The nurses to came rushing. They gave me threatening looks, while both my mother and I tried to stop laughing. Great, I thought. I’d come to comfort my Mom, and instead nearly killed her with a second heart attack.

When I got back to my parents’ apartment, I’d discovered that there wasn’t a single piece of clothing I’d thrown into my bag which matched anything else. Mother recovered, just fine, but I’m guessing the nurses are still talking about the mis-matched clown who tried to kill one of their patients in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment